PBJ Smoothie

I am a lover of all things PBJ. So much, in fact, that on Valentine's Day of my senior year of college when my roommates were receiving enormous care packages from their mothers filled with chocolates and stuffed animals, my own mom sent me this:


The accompanying note read: "I know you hate Valentine's Day but I still wanted to get you this PBJ knife."

True love.


I have made other PBJ things before, including muffins and ice cream, but today's PBJ is in the form of a smoothie. Leave the greens out if you're a purist and putting kale in your PBJ sandwiches is not how mom used to make it. I, on the other hand, love kale almost as much as I love PBJ, so yes, I put kale in most of my smoothies, including this one.


PBJ Smoothie (serves 1)


1 cup non-dairy milk

2 Tbls. PB2 (powdered PB. Or just use regular PB if you don't have it)
1 Tbls. hemp seed
1 Tbls. ground flax seed
1 cup frozen berries (any kind will do, I used strawberries)
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 kale leaf (optional)

Blend it all together, and enjoy!



Color ain't the prettiest. Sorry about that. But it is tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment