Green Breakfast Smoothie



One of my good friends introduced me to green breakfast smoothies, and I have to say life has never been the same. For all you skeptics out there, this smoothie does NOT taste like greens! If it’s a weekend morning I’ll sip them as I’m doing work but otherwise they travel with me for breakfast on the go. We have this blender, and it’s great for making travel-ready smoothies. If you’re pressed for time in the morning, make it the night before – it will still be tasty when you wake up.

Green Breakfast Smoothie (serves 1)

1 cup non-dairy milk (I use a blend of soy, rice, and flax milks)
1 heaping spoonful of your favorite non-dairy yogurt
2 tsp of add-ins. I use a mix of hemp seed, flax seed, and spirulina but experiment with whatever you want, like chia seed, carob chips, or wheat grass powder.
½ large leaf of kale, or a small handful of spinach
½ frozen banana
½ cup frozen fruit (I use a combination of mangos and peaches, but strawberries are good too. Whatever you enjoy.)

Blend it all together. Look at it and say “Get in my belly.”






No comments:

Post a Comment