Smoky White Bean Hummus

I started making white bean hummus several years ago when I bought cannellini beans for hummus because the store was out of chickpeas. And I learned that white bean hummus is so. good. Though for some reason I like it better without olive oil in it, whereas I love the olive oil in traditional chickpea hummus. I've made variations of this one over the past couple months to give it a smoky kick but this was the first batch that I actually thought "Yes, this is how I want it to taste."

Smoky White Bean Hummus (makes 3 cups)

2 cans cannellini beans, drained with 1/2 cup of liquid reserved
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon (fresh!)
2 Tbls. tahini
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1 tsp. smoked paprika
3/8 tsp. sea salt*
3/8 tsp. citric acid*
1/4 tsp. white pepper*

*If you have all of your hummus seasonings in a big batch like I do here, just 1 tsp. of the mix.

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment