Creamy Basil Lime Salad Dressing

If you've been reading this blog on the regular you've probably heard me lamenting about the lack of yogurt in my life (if you think the saga of a yogurt company having to re-vamp their production is interesting you can click all the way back on their blog...but the short version of the story is the yogurt I like was out of production for about a year), but now it is BACK and I am EXCITED. Aaron and I were bored with our current salad dressings last week so I whipped this one up and oh boy did we like it! And then of course I had to re-make it with, ya know, actual measurements so I could blog about it.

Creamy Basil Lime Salad Dressing (makes a generous 1 cup)

1 cup unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt
Juice of 1 1/2 limes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. dried basil
1 1/2 Tbls. agave nectar
2 Tbls. olive oil*

*We have a delightful lime-infused olive oil, but if you don't have that then regular olive oil is just fine

Whisk together all ingredients except for the oil. Continue whisking while you slowly drizzle in the oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment