Chickpea Mash

My dear friend Mandy baked us not one but two loaves of challah this weekend. I could eat bread all day long but unfortunately I have to go to work...so I have been bringing it in my lunch this week so I can eat bread while at work. The past week has been a bit rough but luckily I have had Mandy and her challah to help get me through. But one needs something besides challah and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on that other something, so behold this chickpea mash. This is a lot easier if you have a food processor but if not just chop up your veggies real small and mash the chick peas with the back of a fork. Serve as a side salad or as a main course, scooped up with tasty bread.

Chickpea Mash (makes 3-4 cups)

2 cans chick peas, rinsed and drained
2 leaves kale
1 rib celery
1 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbls. toasted sesame oil
2 Tbls. Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce, or tamari)
1 Tbls. rice vinegar

In the food processor, pulse the kale about 20 times until it is roughly chopped.


Roughly chop the celery and add to the food processor, running it for just a few seconds until everything is nice and tiny.


Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until the chickpeas are mashed - stop before they're blended. Then it's ready to serve!


Chickpea mash with its friend challah, ready to go to work to fulfill its lunch destiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment