Peanut Butter Cake Batter Ice Cream

I hadn't made ice cream in a while and when I asked Aaron what flavor to make this was his response. Back when Cold Stone was still a thing everyone raved about the cake batter ice cream but I never jumped on that bandwagon. I thought it was too cake-batter-y, the richness perfect for a tiny taste but unpleasant when faced with an entire bowl with mix-ins you had just paid a week's salary. Not to brag, but I think this ice cream does cake batter perfectly. Enough to satisfy your cake-batter craving but not so much to overwhelm your palate. And you can't go wrong with peanut butter. Good job, Aaron!

Peanut Butter Cake Batter Ice Cream

2 cups (1 pint) soy cream
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegan yellow cake mix*
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar**
Pinch of salt

*I'm not advocating for a particular brand, but the only vegan cake mix I have found is Cherrybrook Kitchen, at Whole Foods.

**Depending on what cake mix you use you may need to adjust the sweetness.

Blend all ingredients together and chill. Make according to your ice cream maker's instructions and dig in!



No comments:

Post a Comment