Green Pea Edamame Hummus

I. Love. Hummus. Hummus with veggies, hummus on toast, hummus on a spoon, twice I've had restaurants make me a quesadilla with hummus instead of cheese and mmh mmh was that good! My sister's friend posted a Green Pea Hummus recipe and it inspired me to amp up my hummus game. Success. Though of course, if you're more of a traditionalist, my classic hummus recipe is here.

Green pea Edamame Hummus (makes about 3 cups)

1 cup canned chick peas, liquid reserved
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
Juice of 1/2 lime
15 mint leaves
1/2 tsp. citric acis
3/4 tsp. sea salt
3/4 tsp. white pepper
2 Tbls. olive oil

Put the peas and edamame together in a microwave-safe dish. Add just enough water to cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.

Add all of the ingredients except for the reserved chickpea liquid and olive oil into your food processor or blender. Blend, slowly adding the liquid until it is the desired consistency (about 1/2 cup). Let the motor go for a few minutes to get it super creamy, and drizzle in the olive oil at the end with the motor still running. Yum!

That would be the hummus in the middle. And why yes that is homemade pita next to it. I use this recipe from The Fresh Loaf and it turns out perfect every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment