Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

At our graduation last week (stop the presses: I graduated?!!?! Oh yes, I am an MSOT now.) the faculty held a reception for our families afterwards. I asked if I could bring cookies to accommodate the dietary needs in our class (besides my veganness my dear friend Whit stays far away from gluten) and I got a "Sorry, but the university is catering, so no." Too bad I had already made the cookies. Which I brought for Whit in an inconspicuous paper bag. With so many leftover we were able to bring them to another gathering with another gluten-free friend. And there are still leftovers, which Aaron and I are eating by the handful. There's no soy in these so if you use chocolate chips that match your dietary needs they are pretty much allergen-free.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 2 dozen)

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp. EnerG Egg Replacement powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a large bowl mix the sugars, vanilla, oil, and applesauce.


In your blender or food processor pulse the oats so they turn into a meal. If you don't have either of these you can chop them very finely with a large knife, but be prepared for some heavy arm work.


Combine the rest of the dry ingredients in with the wet mix, then stir in the chocolate chips.


Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

I apologize that I forgot to get a picture of these. They look like chocolate chip cookies. Use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment