Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette

I made this dressing for this salad recipe that I saw on a Buzzfeed post recently. And by saw I mean I literally just glanced at the picture of the salad and then couldn't find the post again when I actually wanted to make it. At any rate, I thought that a lime cilantro vinaigrette would be good and oh yes it is! I made a pretty big batch for a salad that will likely all get eaten tonight so I don't know how long it would keep in the fridge (a week, I'm guessing?) though the flavor will definitely improve over time as the cilantro muddles with everything.

Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette (makes...a lot)

1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
Juice and zest of 2 limes
1 tsp. sea salt
1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped

Whisk together everything except the cilantro leaves. Then whisk in the cilantro leaves. Let sit at room temperature about half an hour before serving to develop the flavor, but refrigerate after that. Whisk before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment