Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies

As is often the case when I am with people for an extended period of time, the fact that I eat a plant-based diet came up in conversation with my fieldwork supervisor the other day. After which she kindly asked to try some vegan cookies. Aaron pointed out that my immediate future as an OT does to some degree depend on what she thinks of me so you know, no pressure. I hope she likes them!

Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies (makes 16-18 cookies)

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. vegan butter, softened
1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp molasses
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl combine the first five ingredients.


In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except for the coconut, using a fork.


Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed.


Form the dough into small balls using about a tablespoon of batter. Press the dough into the coconut to flatten and coat with coconut on one side. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment