Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

My family has very conflicting tastes when it comes to ice cream. My dad doesn't like mint, my mom doesn't like peanut butter, my brother doesn't like chocolate, and my sister typically likes only chocolate. Along with my parents, my grandparents, and my brother's girlfriend (who is gluten-free) we were all together for dinner the other night and it was a challenge to come up with an ice cream to please all! But cookies and cream did the trick. I made this with Glutino Gluten-Free Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies but regular Oreos or your favorite cookie would work just as well. You didn't know Oreos were vegan? Check out PETA's list of "accidentally vegan" foods for more gems.

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

2 cups soy cream
1/2 cup soy milk
10 large vegan marshmallows
10 Oreo (or Oreo-style) cookies

Combine the soy cream and milk with the marshmallows in a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce to a simmer and stir while the marshmallows melt. Once they have melted about halfway into the cream, use an immersion blender or transfer to a regular blender to blend the mixture together. Refrigerate until cool.

Before making the ice cream put the cookies in the freezer to chill. Make the ice cream according to your ice cream maker's directions. During the last few minutes of churning, crush the cookies and add to the ice cream.



1 comment: