Blueberry Chia Smoothie

I've gotten into a chia seed kick lately, inspired by the book Born to Run by Chris McDougall. Most of us were probably introduced to chia seeds in our childhood with the Chia Pet fad (and if you're like me, grew exactly one crop of chia fur on your terra cotta cat before it grew mold and your mom threw it away). I was worried at first that the texture would be too gelatinous but it's much more liquid-y than I expected it to be. And so many opportunities for flavor! Chia seeds, I think you are here to stay...in my fridge, not grown on the kitchen counter.

Blueberry Chia Smoothie (serves 1)

1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/4 cup water
1 Tbls. chia seeds
Dash of lemon juice

Blend all ingredients together. Let rest for 10 minutes in the fridge (if using frozen blueberries) or freezer (if using fresh blueberries) before enjoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment