Greek Pasta

Aaron and I got a grill over the summer and since our friend Greg grills pizza all the time, I wanted to give it a try. Side note: Since I was busy tending to our new roommate, Aaron was super thrilled that I was directing him at what to do with the pizza stone on our windy balcony in the night of an approaching Chicago winter. I used a Greek pizza recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant cookbook, which Aaron and I got as a wedding gift but I never looked at until now. Second side note: They have a ton of vegan-friendly cookbooks on their website.


It was amazing. And since I didn't quite roll the dough thin enough and had a ton of extra toppings leftover, I decided to make pasta out of it. It's super easy and tasty and as long as you have the feta cheese prepared ahead of time, takes only about 20 minutes to put together.

Greek Pasta (serves 4)

1 recipe feta cheese, made ahead of time
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 5 oz bag baby spinach
4 servings whatever pasta you want
2 Tbls. olive oil
1 lemon, quartered and seeded
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt) and fresh cracked pepper

Start cooking the pasta according to package directions. Prepare the tomatoes and artichoke hearts.

In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the tofu cheese for a few minutes to heat through.


Add in the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, spinach, and artichoke hearts.


Last, drain the pasta and add in with salt and pepper to taste. Serve top with fresh lemon juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment