All-Purpose Sauté Sauce

If I don't have anything in particular planned for dinner (and my chef of a husband isn't cooking me one of his fantastic meals that I keep asking him to blog about) I'll typically just sauté up whatever random veggies are in the fridge with rice and beans. Or some variation of that...Anyways, this sauce has been my go-to for seasoning lately and while I usually just mix things in until they "taste good," this time I actually measured out proportions so I could blog about it. Adjust the proportions to your liking - all of the flavor profiles are in there so it will be yummy no matter what!

All-Purpose Sauté Sauce (makes enough for 2-3 cups of whatever you're cooking - veggies, beans, etc.)

1/2 Tbls. miso (I like red)
1 1/2 Tbls. rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbls. Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce or tamari)
A large splash of mirin
Siracha (optional)
1 Tbls. nutritional yeast

In a small bowl mix the miso and vinegar until the miso dissolves.


 Next, mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the nutritional yeast.


About 2 minutes before whatever you're cooking is done, add the sauce. In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add the nutritional yeast.

Sorry the picture is so bad...if you're wondering that is kale, cauliflower, broccoli, and edamame.

That's. It.


No comments:

Post a Comment