Berry Smoothie

The Evanston lifestyle is really rubbing off on me. As in yesterday I rode my bike to a contemporary jazz class and then came home and made a smoothie. I wanted to switch things up from my usual smoothie game and came up with this smoothie. Lots of healthy fats, sweet and creamy, and living up to its smooth name thanks to the Vitamix. I shall be making you again, berry smoothie.

Berry Smoothie (serves 1)

1/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen berries (I used a mix, use what you want)
1 Tbls. sunflower seed butter (or your favorite nut/seed butter)
1 large leaf kale
2 Tbls. hemp seed
2 Tbls. ground flax seed
1/4 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
1/8 tsp. citric acid (optional, if you want a bit more zing)

Blend all ingredients together and drink up!

Obligatory blog picture of ingredients, pre-blending.
Nah, I just wanted to show off the Vitamix.

Obligatory blog picture of the smoothie in a mason jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment