Lentil Walnut Pate

When I was a kid, pate was the ultimate "gross food." The how-could-anyone-think-to-eat-this food. One of those foods you never even try but are so. certain. you do not like. Anyways, two decades later and I still haven't eaten pate, but for very different reasons :). Actually I still think it's gross, but thats's besides the point. The point is that this lentil walnut pate is delicious and no animals were harmed in the making of it. I spread it on flatbread (see below) but I think it would also be tasty as a dip for pretzels, pita bread wedges, or veggies.

Lentil Walnut Pate (makes a scant 2 cups)

1 cup brown or green lentils, cooked according the package directions
1 cup walnuts, toasted
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbls. Bragg's Liquid Aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
2 Tbls. apple cider vinegar
1/2-1 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined but not too combined.


To make the lunch I had today, spread the pate on flatbread crust, topped with arugula, balsamic glaze (as made in this recipe), and garlic-infused olive oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment