Chia Pudding

I never really liked pudding as a kid. But after reading Christopher McDougal's Born to Run I jumped on the chia seed bandwagon and haven't looked back. I've been making this stuff for breakfast a lot recently because it is super tasty and takes about 2 seconds to make. If you're a vegan who cooks a lot you likely already have frozen bananas on hand but if not, freeze some now so you can have a nutritious and yummy breakfast tomorrow.

Chia Pudding (makes 1 serving)

1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 frozen banana
1 Tbls. chia seed
Dash of cinnamon

Blend together the milk and banana until smooth. Stir in the chia seed and let sit in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon before serving.

Sometimes I've made a double batch and kept it in the fridge overnight for breakfast the next day. It was still great but I'm not sure it would last more than a day - any experience with this?


No comments:

Post a Comment