Last Week of School Grain Salad

Hurrah for the last week of grad school classes! I got sad for a moment that I wouldn't be taking time on Sundays to make lunch for the week anymore and then remembered that I will also be doing that for fieldwork. This recipe is modified from one that I found online a while back, so if it looks familiar to you please let me know so I can link it. It's also really pretty :).

Last Week of School Grain Salad (serves 4)

1/2 cup bulgar (dry)
1/2 cup wheat berries (dry)
Scant 2 cups water
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup chopped arugula
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
2 medium shallots, chopped
Olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
Agave nectar
Sea salt
Pepper

In a large pot bring the grains and water to boil. Lower to a simmer, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the water is all absorbed. While the grains are cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Cool the grains and combine all ingredients, seasoning to taste with olive oil, vinegar, agave nectar, salt, and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment