Wildflour Smoothie

Last weekend I took a trip out east to visit my dear friend Alex in Rhode Island. We went to a delightful vegan bakery and cafe, Wildflour, which I highly recommend the next time you find yourself near Providence. We shared a raspberry oat crumb bar and a coconut chocolate chip scone and brb while I go to Rhode Island to get some more. I also had a deliciously amazing smoothie there, called the Princess Leia. It wasn't on their website when I checked jut now but the original concoction had orange juice, blueberry, pineapple, and ginger. I tweaked it a bit when I got home and my the result is delish! I don't have anything against pineapple, I actually love it, but it makes my mouth feel very strange and gives me a weird aftertaste. Does anyone else have this problem? Swap out the mango for pineapple if you're so inclined.

Wildflour Smoothie (serves 1)

1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
Small handful of spinach (gotta sneak those greens in there!)
3 chunks crystallized ginger
1 Tbls. hemp seed

Blend everything together and drink away.


No comments:

Post a Comment