Lentil Lunch Salad

The other day I wasn't in the mood to make something elaborate for lunch but luckily we had a bunch of random ingredients in the fridge just begging to be put into a salad. So that's what I made and it was so. good. I've made it a few times since, and in fact I'm eating it right now as I blog about it. Part of the reason this salad is so good is that I used pink Himalayan salt. We recently invested in it and if you don't mind spending a little but more than you usually do on salt, your taste buds will be mighty pleased. The salad ingredients can easily be increased to make a larger salad for more people.

Lentil Lunch Salad (serves 1)

2 handfuls baby kale leaves, coarsely chopped
5 cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup cooked lentils, chilled
1/4 avocado, diced
1 Tbls. chopped parsley
1 Tbls. hemp seeds
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Drizzle of olive oil
Pink Himalayan salt, to taste (or use sea salt)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment