Lentil Blueberry Salad

This may be my favorite grain salad I've ever made. I love winter but I was feeling a bit dreary and wanted to bring in some fresh flavors to my lunch. So yes, it was totally not eco- or budget-friendly to include blueberries in a February salad but it was totally yummy. There's not much more to say about this...so let's get cooking!

Lentil Blueberry Salad (serves 5)

3/4 cup wheat berries, cooked according to package directions*
1/2 cup bulgar, cooked according to package directions*
1 1/4 cup lentils, cooked according to package directions
4 cups baby kale, chopped
2 cup baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup + 2 Tbls. chopped hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 large bulb fennel, chopped**
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup basil, chopped or shredded
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
2 Tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. sea or pink himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder

*I just cooked them in the same pot. Laziness for the win.
**The first time I chopped fennel I had to YouTube how to do it

While the grains are cooking, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and onion powder to make the dressing. Set aside.


Chop the rest of the ingredients and combine with the grains when cool. Toss with the dressing and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment