Chef Pasta

Have you seen the movie Chef? It's still out in a few theaters and I highly recommend it. The movie stars (and was written and directed by) Jon Favreau (Pete Becker, the Ultimate Fighting Champion...please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of him like this) and features a lot of food and an all-star cast. There's a scene in the movie where Jon whips up a pasta dish for Scarlett Johansson and oh. my. does it look delicious! So I wanted to make it myself. It's super simple and cooks in about 10 minutes. I used fresh parsley from the farmer's market, by the way, which I think was the star of this dish. Oh heck, all of it was the star. Like Jon Favreau.

Chef Pasta (serves 2)

2 servings linguine
2 cloves garlic, chopped*
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 lemon
1/4-1/2 tsp. sea salt, divided
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Tbls. olive oil

*In the movie Jon slices his into slivers. I didn't know how to do this without risking the integrity of my fingers but go for it if you want.

In a medium sized pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. While it is heating, chop the garlic and start the water for the pasta. Cook the garlic, 1/8 tsp. of salt, and red pepper in the oil, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until the garlic just starts to brown.


The garlic should look good about the same time as the water is boiling for the pasta. Cook the pasta for one minute less than the directions specify. While it is cooking, add the parsley to your garlic mix and stir frequently.


As soon as the pasta is done, drain it and add to the parsley mix and cook for another minute or so, adding 1/8 tsp. sea salt (or to your liking).


Divide into 2 bowls and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Call yourself a chef!

This was after a few bites. My patience was out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment