Spring Green Citrus Grain Salad

This grain salad is very optimistic about spring. It is bright and fresh and is very excited to ride it's bike to fieldwork instead of huddling under the useless heat lamps on the El platform. Oh that's just me? I'm hoping that this 48 degree weather will hold out long enough for me to enjoy an afternoon run wearing just one layer of clothing. Until then, I'm enjoying my spring-inspired lunch.

Spring Green Citrus Grain Salad (serves 4)

1 cup kamut, dry
2 cups chopped kale
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup chopped yellow squash
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups cooked or canned chick peas
3 Tbls. each of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1 orange, cut into chunks
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbls. vinegar
2 Tbls. sugar
3 Tbls. olive oil

Cook the kamut according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the last 4 ingredients to make the dressing. When the kamut has cooled, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment