Flourless Chocolate Cake

One of my college roommates made the best flourless chocolate cake. It had only 4 ingredients: sugar, butter, chocolate, and eggs. I thought if I just substituted the eggs with tofu it would all work out. And I was wrong. It just tasted like chocolate tofu. So I went back to the drawing board and made this chocolate cake recipe for a friend's seder last week. It was a huge hit, especially when scooped on top of ice cream. It doesn't set quite enough to get a solid slice - I recommend scooping some into a bowl and enjoying it with a spoon.

Flourless Chocolate Cake (makes one 9-inch layer)

1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
1 cup silken tofu
4 oz. baking chocolate, melted
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbls. coconut oil, melted
4 Tbls. vegan butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Grease a 9" cake pan and pour in the batter. Bake for 40 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

This is pre-baking. I forgot to take a picture afterwards. Use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment