Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Aaron and I went to Wisconsin today for a Thanksgiving celebration with his extended family. This was the first time I was meeting them so I felt the need to impress them with my baking skills. You think this would mean using a tried and true recipe, but no, I made up this one myself. Luckily it turned out great and they really liked it!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (makes 1 loaf)

2 Tbls. vegan butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 Tbls. warm water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbls. molasses
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a small bowl mix together the egg replacer powder and the water. In a medium bowl mix the butter, egg mixture, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and molasses with a fork.


Add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) and stir until combined. Then mix in the chocolate chips.


Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 35 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment