Maple Cherry Almond Overnight Oats

About a month ago my friend Ilana texted me this recipe for overnight oats. It was my first foray into this new food trend, despite my friend and co-worker Sarah trying to get me on the overnight oat bandwagon for a while, and I was instantly hooked. If you haven't tried them before, overnight oats "cook" by soaking in liquid overnight, and are eaten cold. They have since become my go-to breakfast, especially since mornings have recently become a lot busier in our house! No need to worry about Aaron stealing them as he doesn't like them, and affectionately refers to them as "left behind oats" and "forgotten oats." I also heard him once talking to our child and referring to them as "Mama's weird oats." At any rate, I made this version that's a bit more decadent and am excited to share it!

Maple Cherry Almond Overnight Oats (serves 1)

1/2 cup oats
1/3-1/2 cup non-dairy milk (depending on how juicy you like your oats)
2 Tbls. almond butter
2-3 Tbls. chopped toasted almonds
1-2 Tbls. pure maple syrup
1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
1 tsp. brown sugar

Heat the cherries and brown sugar over medium heat.


Keep stirring until they are reduced and syrupy, about 10 minutes.


Refrigerate overnight.


Meanwhile, combine the oats, milk, almond butter, and maple syrup.


Refrigerate overnight.


In the morning, layer 1/3 of the oat mixture, 1/3 of the cherry mixture, and 1/3 of the almonds. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment